21.4.15

When you feel like giving up........



As you might know, I'm a Social Media Manager, and, without wanting to gloat, I'm doing fine.

But it was a long and hard way before I finally got there. I invested literally years in the project, and in the meantime I didn't have anything to show for it. Yes, maybe a client here, a client there, but nothing to write home about.

And it was tough. I was the only one who believed in me and my dreams, but sometimes I just began to wonder......... Had I lost my mind?

At other times it was brute stubbornness that kept me going. At those times I even forgot my goals, I just gritted my teeth and did my thing.

In 2013 I was just about to throw in the towel. I desperately talked to one of my sons about persistence, while I was at the point of losing it. I remember telling him that there was a very fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot........ (I remember him  laughing his head off at this).

But I got there, right after I decided to give it  just another couple of month.

So my advice to you is a quote by Zara Lockwood: When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on for so long in the first place.

4 comments:

  1. Just hang in there, Carrie........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this feeling. I made a commitment to succeed or die trying. Hmmmmm. Sometimes I have to look at the second choice, and then keep trying.

    ReplyDelete