17.7.13

How Life Should Be

George Carlin
The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? Death! What's that, a bonus?

I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You  should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you are too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work for forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement. You party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities, you become a little baby. You go back into the womb, you spend your last nine month floating.......
and you finish off as an orgasm.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, very profound. I can't call this my favorite because I like quite a few other ones but it is definitely my most "thinkiest favorite."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing younger to our death. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved George Carlin and how he is able to look at the bright side of things or just reframe thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must be what they based Bejamin Buttons on! I've always wondered who came up with such an unusual concept. Shoulda known it was GC! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. According to the Buddhist and yoga religions, a man is born thinking that he is a body. But using this body, you can feel that you are a spirit that has no birth and death and be happy forever.

    ReplyDelete