* A jellyfish is 95% water.
* A blue whales heart only beats nine times per minute.
* A cat uses its whiskers to determine if a space is too small to squeeze through.
* A chameleon's tongue is twice the length of its body.
* A crocodiles tongue is attached to the roof of its mouth.
* A rhinoceros horn is made of compacted hair.
* Rodent's teeth never stop growing.
* A shark can detect one part of blood in 100 million parts of water.
* A shark can grow a new set of teeth in a week.
* A starfish can turn its stomach inside out.
* Some ribbon worms will eat themselves if they can't find any food.
* Slugs have 4 noses.
* Owls are one of the only birds that can see the color blue.
* The penguin is the only bird that can swim but can't fly.
* The cheetah is the only cat that can't retract its claws.
* A lion's roar can be heard from five miles away.
* Emus and kangaroos can't walk backwards.
* Cats have over 100 vocal sounds; dogs only have 10.
* A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet (91 m) long in just one night.
* Insects outnumber humans 100,000,000 to one.
* Sharkskin has tiny tooth-like scales all over.
* Chameleons can move their eyes in two directions at the same time.
* Koalas never drink water. They get fluids from the eucalyptus leaves they eat.
* Lacking a collarbone, the deer mouse can flatten its body so much it can squeeze into
an opening one quarter of an inch high.
* A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.
* The orca is the largest member of the dolphin family, and is not really a whale. Due to
its size, however, the orca is frequently included in discussions of whales.
* When sharks take a bite, their eyes roll back and their teeth jut out.
* Vegetarian mammals produce more methane than carnivorous mammals. In other
words, they fart more.
* Flies jump backwards when they take off.
* More than 20,000,000 seahorses are harvested each year for folk medicinal purposes.
* The world seahorse population has dropped 70% in the past 10 years.
* The largest insects that ever lived on the earth were giant dragonflies with wingspans
of over 3 feet (91 cm).
* Camels chew in a figure 8 pattern.
* The blue whale is the largest animal that ever lived, reaching 100 feet (30 m) in length
and weighing 150 tons. The largest dinosaur, Argentinosaurus, was estimated to weigh
* Cats, camels, and giraffes are the only animals in the world that walk right foot, right
foot, left foot, left foot, rather than right foot, left foot.
* Proportional to their size, cats have the largest eyes of all mammals.
* Sailfish can leap out of the water and into the air at a speed of 50 miles (81 km) per
* The catfish has the most taste buds of all animals, having over 27,000 of them.
* A skunk's smell can be detected by a human a mile away.
* A lion in the wild usually makes no more than 20 kills a year.