9.5.13

Some actual notes from parents to teachers

Dear Teacher: Please excuse Lisa for being absent. She was sick, and I had her shot.

Dear School: I hope you will excuse John for being absent on Jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 and also 33.

Dear Miss Larson: Jack didn't go to school yesterday because he had two teeth taken out of his face.

Mrs. Smith: Please excuse Tommy for being absent yesterday. He had diarrhea, and his boots leak.

Dear Teacher: Please excuse Jimmy for being. It was his father's fault.

Dear Mr. Brown: Please excuse Jason for being absent yesterday. He had a cold and could not breed well.

Dear Mr. Anderson: Maryann was absent yesterday because she had a fever and upset stomach. Her sister was also sick, and her brother had a fever. I wasn't too well, either. There must have been something going around. Her father even got hot last night.

Dear Mr. Thomas: Jennifer missed school yesterday for a good reason. We forgot to get the Sunday paper off the porch, and when we found it Monday, we thought it was Sunday.

8 comments:

  1. My favorite "true" absence excuse was "Please excuse (girl's name) for being absent yesterday, she was in bed with gramps". (s/b cramps)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have had half of all the laughs I need for the day just reading these, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious. I almost spewed my tea all over my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was funny. I especially loved the Very Good Excuse at the end. LOL We thought that it was still Sunday ha ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual George, made me smile. Good stuff always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I need a smile, laugh or wise words to ponder, I visit Georg. Thank you, Georg, for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A parent came to talk with me about her son's grades. On the front of her shirt was a picture of a gun pointing at me. You can bet I promptly answered all her questions.

    ReplyDelete