4.9.12

Set Up Your Computer Monitor

Working as a translator you will spend a lot of time in front of your computer monitor.

That can take its toll on your eyes (they may start to hurt), or you might get a headache. It's therefore imperative that you adjust your monitor's settings to a level that's comfortable for you.

By default everybody seems to view black text on documents with white background. That makes sense if you want to print out the document, since color cartridges are pretty expensive. But that doesn't mean that you have to work with a setting like that.

Your eyes might like it better when they work with white text on blue background, or a green background with a yellow text. Find out, experiment.

The process might take time, but remember, you have to do it only once.

2 comments:

  1. While I'm working on a book, I find it much more comfortable to write against a medium shade of purple or teal. It also helps if I remember to wear my glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of gray or tan backgrounds with either black or blue text. White backgrounds fry my brain after about an hour.

    ReplyDelete